Heddy Love Timeline

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Search This Blog

Friday, January 29, 2010

Over and Out!



















Wednesday, January 27, 2010


I made it through to the other side! As you may have known, I was pretty stressed out about having surgery, but truth be told, it wasn't bad at all and I shouldn't have worried so much.


The thing I was most worried about was having an IV in my hand. I remembered it from when my mom had it when my brothers were born and seeing it when my sisters had babies and I was not looking forward to it - at all!


When we arrived at the Women's Specialty Surgery Center, I filled out paperwork and then was taken back to be prepped for surgery by Susan. I had to give a urine sample so they could confirm I wasn't pregnant before the procedure and then I got undressed and put on my purple hospital gown. It was pretty heavy and she told me later that they are now designed to be plugged in so they can be heated. Pretty cool! I got to wear cute purple socks that matched my gown and I had to put on a paper hat over my hair. Susan asked me a bunch of questions, some of which I believe were A) to prove that I was me; B) history; C) to make sure I knew what was going on in my anxious state.


After that, she left me alone so she could do a few things. She dimmed the lights so I could rest. I started praying and let God know that if it was my time, I hoped that everyone knew how much I loved them. I started thinking about Josh and all of the stupid things he does to make me laugh and I started to cry - and the tears would NOT stop coming! I thought about my sister, her kids, her husband, my brothers, their kids, all of my parents, step-sisters, their kids and husbands, etc. etc. etc. Just then, Josh walked in and saw my tears. He wiped them away, and suddenly I knew that I was going to be okay. Man I love that guy!



When Dr. Chantilis finally arrived, they began my "morning margarita" and wheeled me in to the operating room. I remember the bright lights and them moving me from the bed to the operating table and that was it. Next thing I knew, I was in a recovery room, Josh was there and I had crackers and soda. The nurse, Karen, told me that I could leave once I could hold down food for 30 minutes. I ate like it was my last meal! I was STARVING! I felt great, so we were finally allowed to go home. We stopped at my favorite Jewish deli for sandwiches and went home. I ate my sandwich and promptly went to bed. I slept for most of the day and when I woke up, I still felt great! No side effects, no bleeding, no pain. NONE! It was amazing!



All that being said, for those of you that may have to have this done, take it from me, it's a piece of cake!


Saturday, January 30, 2010
It's been 3 days since surgery and I still feel amazing! I have not had 1 second of pain, there's a little bit of bleeding, but nothing bad. I took Advil one night to sleep and that had been it! I go for my post-op appointment next Thursday, so hopefully I'll get a good report and we can begin the process again. WHOO HOO! I am feeling VERY optimistic and excited!



Also, a funny side story:


Apparently once the surgery was over, Dr. Chantilis talked to Josh and gave him before and after pictures of my uterus (um... thanks?!) and explained everything (Josh can't tell me one thing about the pictures by the way). He asked Josh if he had any questions and get this: Rather than ask about the actual surgery, Josh asked him if he could give me a perscription for Latisse (the stuff that makes your eyelashes grow)! HA! (I had told Josh that I wanted to try it)Dr. Chantilis said he didn't even know what that was, but he would check it out and for me to ask him for it when I go in for my post-op appointment. I told you I love that guy!

So, next time you see me, this is what I'm going to look like:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/b4b8bb4810/lashisse
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment