Heddy Love Timeline

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The never ending checklist. Is it really necessary?

Having a baby is super exciting and the answer to our long awaited prayers, but the checklist of stuff to do to prepare for Piper's arrival seems never ending.  There is so much to think about, do, plan, consider, and buy that I get overwhelmed. 

I keep trying to tell myself that I am very blessed and that most people in the world do not have the opportunity to prepare like we do.  Most people on earth don't register, set up a nursery, take classes, see a doctor on a regular basis, and have the financial means that we do in order to "have a baby".  I feel incredibly spoiled when I put things in to perspective like that.  Is it all really necessary? 

I'm pretty sure that if Piper were to show up tomorrow, we would still be able to function.  Not well, but she wouldn't perish either.  And neither would we.

Just a thought.  Now I'm going to go sign up for "Preparation for Childbirth" classes...

No comments:

Post a Comment