Heddy Love Timeline

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 7, 2010

What's next... indeed.

I know that it has been a very long time since the last time I wrote an honest entry on this thing.  That's because after our IVF procedure was unsuccessful, we decided to take a break from all things fertility and baby-making related, and for me that meant this blog too.

Two weeks in to our little break, I finally began to feel like myself again.  It was very eye-opening to realize how stressed I truly was even though I was fairly good at convincing myself that I wasn't. 

During this time, I allowed myself to concentrate on the house that we're building, Josh's new job, and selling our current condo - things I felt like I had control over or could do something about.  I began to relax and enjoy life again. 

Eventually the weeks passed and I realized that I had not started my period.  I checked my calendar and it had been 5 weeks (which wasn't unusual) and then 6... I took a pregnant test, but it was negative.  The days passed and still mother nature hadn't called, so I took two more tests, both of which were negative as well. 

I waited a few more days, knowing that I wasn't pregnant, but eager to get my cycle started so we could try IVF again.  At this same time, I was also having some sharp pains in my ovaries that I began to worry about so I finally called Dr. Chantilis and scheduled an appointment for the next day.  At that point, it had been 7 weeks since my last period. 

When I explained the pain in my ovaries over the phone to my nurse, Melinda, she said it sounded like my ovaries were enlarged and that perhaps I had cysts in my ovaries which can prevent you from having a period.  She said they would do a sonogram to see what was going on and some blood work and then would give me a perscription to make me start my period.

When I went in, everything looked fine on my sonogram - uterus had a full lining, ovaries were not enlarged and there were no cysts in them; however, I did have a fibroid outside of my uterus, but it had been there all along and wasn't problematic.  After the sono, they took some blood and said they would call me in the afternoon with a perscription.

I went back to work and as promised, Melinda called me around 2:30pm.  I casually answered the phone with a "what's up?".  Wednesday, August 25th:  that was the moment that has changed my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment