Heddy Love Timeline

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Search This Blog

Friday, October 22, 2010

YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!


She said, “You’re pregnant”.

I was in utter SHOCK! I sit in a cube at work and luckily all of the brokers were out of the office that day. I stood up and was like, "Are you serious? Are you sure?" And all of the admins that sit near me thought something was wrong because I guess I was loud.  The woman, Toni, that sits next to me shoved me in an office and shut the door behind us. The offices here are glass, so all of the other admins were standing outside of the door looking at me because they thought something was wrong.

Melinda, said she was serious, that I was pregnant and I immediately started to cry. I told the woman that was in the office with me, Toni, that I was pregnant and she started crying and hugging me and then all of the other admins opened the door to see what was going on. I was crying and laughing at the same time. Everyone around here knew what we had been going through and they were all hugging me. It was so chaotic looking back…


I couldn’t sit still after that, so I left work for the day. Josh was traveling that day, but was coming home that night. And just that morning I had called him, very angry (turns out it was pregnancy hormones) that he couldn’t go to my doctor’s appointment with me because he was out of town. I even hung up on him. Turns out, I'm a mean pregnant lady! 


Anyway, I left work and went to Baby Gap and bought a tiny little onsie that had 2 dogs on it that said, “I love Daddy”. I folded it up so that all you could see was the picture on it and went home to take a nap. When Josh got home from his trip, I was still sleeping and he came up and lay down next to me. We talked about his trip and then I said to him that I was sorry for hanging up on him and that I got him a little present to say I’m sorry. I handed him the little folded up onsie and he said, “Oh how cute! It’s Scooter and Bailey and they love Daddy!” Then he unfolded it and saw that it was a onsie. He said, “What? What is this?” Then he looked at me and very casually said, “Are you pregnant?” I nodded and he jumped off the bed and yelled, “Are you serious? Are you kidding? Are you serious?” And I just kept nodding. I told him, “That’s exactly what I said to Melinda!” He was SO excited!

So, here we are, almost 14 weeks pregnant.  AND… yesterday my belly popped out, so now I’m showing. No going back now! I need to start taking pictures every week of the big belly. If I’m this big already, how HUGE am I going to get?! Oy vey!

1 comment: