Heddy Love Timeline

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Search This Blog

Monday, June 7, 2010

Let’s talk about “effects”, Babeee

For the past week I have been taking an injection of Lupron once a day in the thigh. As with most medications, Lupron has some fun and wonderful side effects. Here are a few of my favorites so far…

This medication may cause nausea, vomiting (twice in 3 days), hot flashes, night sweats, bone pain (on Saturday in my hips), swelling of feet and ankles, headache (every single day), or difficulty urinating the first few days as your body adjusts to the medication. Notify your doctor if these symptoms continue or become bothersome. This medication may cause reduced sexual desire, rapid heartbeat (occasionally), chest pain, breathing difficulties, fever, chills, painful urination, and persistent irritation at the injection site (mildly every day). Tell your doctor immediately if any of these highly unlikely but very serious side effects occur: severe headache, vision changes (blurry), severe drowsiness (SOO tired), unusual or one-sided weakness.

Don't worry though, I have talked to my nurse and I do not need to be concerned about the side effects I’m experiencing (in red). They are not too bothersome – it's more like I just notice most of them from time to time.

I’ll reduce the amount of Lupron I inject in a few days, but will continue with the shot daily for at least another 15 days. Also in a few days, I’ll be adding 2 more injections to my daily diet of meds. These will be in my stomach and I’m sure will add to the side effects I’m currently enjoying. YAY!    :-|

No comments:

Post a Comment