Heddy Love Timeline

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

When a man and a woman love each other very much…

What I was taught as a child and teenager about how to make a baby, in my experience, couldn’t be further from the truth! Here is my revised version of the modern day birds and the bees…

He gently shakes her shoulder, whispers "wake up, darling" and gives her a light kiss on the cheek. She smiles sleepily as he draws the covers back, revealing her rumpled pajamas.  She curls up in a ball and protests, but he whispers, "shhh". 

Gently he pulls up her pajama top, revealing her taught stomach and lightly brushes her lower belly with his fingers.  He begins to count "1, 2, 3..."

and POW!  He jabs her with a needle.

This is how we make babies.

Just to give you an idea of what I go through on a daily basis, here is my daily delicious cocktail:
7:30am  Menopur - shot in the stomach (hurts like a mutha!)
8:30am  Dr. Chantilis' office - blood work and sonogram
7:30pm  Lupron - shot in the thigh (does not hurt - inner thigh is the best place)
7:31pm  Gonal F - shot in the stomach (takes a while, but doesn't hurt)
Repeat next day for 4 weeks

From L to R:  Gonal F, Lupron, Progesterone (taken after retrieval), Menopur
Not pictured:  Ovadrel

Notice that each medicine has a different syringe and even though you can't tell in the picture, each syringe has a different size needle.  Some are very small, but some are very big...
This is the syringe I'll have to use for my progesterone shots after they remove my eggs from my follicles (sometime in the next week or two).  The progesterone shot will go in my back, near my upper gluts in the muscle.  The nurses don't even try to sugar coat it.  "It's going to hurt!"  is what they tell me. 

Gee, I can't wait...


No comments:

Post a Comment