Heddy Love Timeline

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Shooting for the Stars

Yesterday I went back to the doctor to see how my follicles were progressing and to measure them.  I have a lot of follicles in my right ovary (the dominate ovary for this month) and several in my left.  The largest one measured at 15x10 so I'm not quite there yet (has to measure 20).  I have to continue my shots through Wednesday night and on Thursday I go back to be remeasured.  If I have some that are big enough, then I'll have IUI on Saturday. 

I asked my nurse what we would do if they still weren't ready on Thursday and she said I would continue on the shots and go back on a daily basis for measurements.  She also said that if I had measured at 20 yesterday that it was still a little too early in the cycle to do IUI anyway, so we're in a good spot now.  I'll take that as good news...

I'm just taking it easy this week in hopes that the more laid back I am, the more my little eggs will grow.  Here's the one thing I can say about my shots though:  I seem to have a lot of side effects such as loss of appetite, bloating, insomnia, and headaches. 

I have no appetite, which if you know me, is not normal.  It's so strange to know that it's lunch time and I sit at my desk for an extra hour before I make myself go eat something just because I need to.  Normally I'm counting down the hours before my normal 11:30am lunchtime.  Another thing is that I have insomnia.  I have barely slept since Saturday night.  I feel fine, but I just can't sleep.  I lay there all night.  The good news is I don't lay there stressing out, I just lay there bored.  I hope tonight I'll be so tired that I get even just a few hours of sleep.   Zzzzzzzz

Fertility Joke of the Day:
You know you are trying to get pregnant when:  You look at your vegetarian sandwich and the alfalfa sprouts look like sperm.

No comments:

Post a Comment