Heddy Love Timeline

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Ovulating? Who? Me?

So I had my second IUI yesterday afternoon.  The procedure was quick and painless (except for very mild cramping).  Josh was a little disappointed that his sperm count was quite a bit lower than last time, but Dr. C assured us that we would be fine. 

I asked Dr. C if he thought we should do IUI again or take a more aggressive approach if this didn't work.  He said that I was a "challenge" for him because he looks at me and thinks I'm 26, not 38, so he realizes that we need to be more aggressive going forward.  So, next month I'll take shots and clomid simultaneously with IUI.  I'm hoping that we won't even have to go there...

Since the IUI yesterday, my left ovary (the dominate ovary for this month) has been crampy.  It doesn't hurt, but it hasn't gone away either.  This morning the cramps were stronger than they were yesterday so I thought I should call the doctor to see if that's normal after IUI.  I got Melinda on the phone (Dr. C's nurse that I love) and she said, get this, that it's because I'm ovulating.  So weird, right?!  No!  That's normal for someone that ovulates, which I do not.  So, this is a good sign!!!  YAY!  I OVULATED! 

It's sad when you get so excited about something that your body is supposed to do.  I'm just happy it did!  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I remember having the same feeling! It is strange to actually feel your body working like it's supposed to. I've been through all of this, so if you need to ask random questions about shots, etc. don't hesitate. It will happen and probably staying distracted and busy is your best bet! Remember, I have twins and a singleton. Didn't think it would ever happen after 5 years! Thinking of yall daily! Laura

    ReplyDelete