Heddy Love Timeline

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hormone Heaven

This morning I woke up and immediately had anxiety because today is the day when I begin taking my Gonal F shots along with Clomid (Gonal F is used to help the ovaries make more eggs).  Thankfully my darling husband read the directions and I don't have to give myself the shot until this evening so that buys me some time. 

Why am I so nervous?  I have been taking Ovadrel shots once a month for 6 months and it's the same thing.  It doesn't hurt.  I guess just the anticipation of knowing that I have to have a shot makes me nervous.  Again, thankfully my darling husband is willing to do it for me and he's very gentle and good at it (although he makes the "bring the needle down in a stabbing motion" line from Pulp Fiction each and every single time).  Gotta love Josh and his sense of humor!  :)

Another small bit of news is that Josh and I have decided that if this month doesn't work with the shots and IUI then we're going to take a break from fertility treatment and put it in God's hands for a while.  We've already spent $12,000+ on treatment and my insurance only covers $20k for a lifetime.  Maybe a break from crazy-inducing hormones and stress will make the difference...  Who knows.  It is (and always has been) in God's hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment