Heddy Love Timeline

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 13, 2010

33rd time isn't a charm either.

That's right... for the 33rd time since we've been trying to get pregnant, I started my period.  I was 35 when we started and in four short months I'll be 39. 

I called the nurse to let her know that I started and she said Dr. C wants to do another round of shots with clomid and IUI.  Of course he did.  It hasn't worked yet, so let's just keep trying something that DOESN'T WORK.  I don't get it.  I know that I had a good response to the shots, but here are the facts:

1.  I am almost 39 years old and my statistics are not getting better, only worse
2.  I am almost at my LIFE TIME limit that insurance covers for fertility ($20,000 for a lifetime) - 100% of the rest after that is out-of-pocket
3.  I am almost at my limit for my LIFE TIME medicine coverage ($5.000 for a lifetime) - again 100% of the rest after that is out-of-pocket*

*When you do IVF, you take shots 3 times per day for 14-16 days.  The shots I took for IUI cost us $200 out-of-pocket and that was once a day for 5 days, so you can imagine how much it will cost for IVF and that's just for SHOTS.  We haven't even covered the actual IVF procedures.

Josh is unemployed so what is the best decision for us? Do IVF while we still have a little bit of insurance coverage left or take our chances with the less expensive, but so far ineffective IUI? 
I'll take ANY advice and ALL prayers anyone has...

No comments:

Post a Comment