Heddy Love Timeline

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 4, 2010

I have to laugh from time to time or I'll go crazy


So, since my last little tirade, I have completely changed my attitude (thank goodness!) and am feeling so much better.  Last week I was really upset and pretty pessimistic (ya don't say, really?!), but I got good news!  This past Monday, I went back for my fourth sonogram to measure my follicles just in case they had decided to grow and guess what?!  One of my follicles in my right ovary measured 21x21 - big enough for IUI!  We scheduled my IUI for Wednesday, March 3rd so yesterday was the magic day...

Josh was scheduled to go in and make a "deposit" at 9:30am and then we were scheduled to pick up the "sample" at 11:30 and take it directly to Dr. C's office (down the hall).  I was super excited when we woke up but Josh was SO nervous that he didn’t sleep the night before. I thought that was so funny because really?! All he had to do was fill up a little cup while looking at nudie mags and not think about his wife! My sister and I were joking that I was going to light candles all over the exam room, play sexy music and wear a French maid outfit – you know, to bring the romance into it. HA! My nurse & doctor thought that was hilarious – Josh, not so much.  Like I said, if I can't laugh at this, then I'll probably go nuts - and I'm not that far off!

The procedure was easy, painless and over in about 10 minutes. I went home afterwards and slept all afternoon (which was SO nice). I’m back at work today and don’t feel any different, but hope that something is hard at work…

Here are a couple of pictures of us making light of the situation:  This is Josh with his deposit before we walk in to Dr. C's office.  And yes, that is a styrofoam coffee cup that it's in.  Ewwww


This is me with my pelvis tilted up.  I had to lay like this for 10 minutes after the "turkey baster". 

No comments:

Post a Comment