Heddy Love Timeline

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Search This Blog

Monday, March 22, 2010

Aaah... time to relax and gain perspective.

Life is a whirlwind.  As much as Josh and I try, we cannot seem to live a quiet, simple life.  We are constantly on the go and never seem to have any quality down time.  Most of the reason is that neither one of us can ever say "no" to social invitations because A) we both love a good time and B) because I never want to miss out on anything

Staying home at night to cook and watch TV together is like one of our very favorite things to do and yet we're lucky if we squeeze one night in a week!  The point I'm trying to make is that maybe as much as we want a baby, maybe we really aren't ready yet or are we trying to squeeze as much fun in to life before a baby takes over?  Probably a little of both.

I had an appointment last Friday for a sonogram to check to see if I had any cysts (I don't) and to learn how to give myself my Gonal F shots (in the stomach) along with taking Clomid.  This is a more aggressive step because my doctor came to the conclusion (finally) that I don't ovulate on my own.  This is why I have not been able to get pregnant.  Hopefully the combination of drugs (Clomid, Gonal F and Ovadrel) will help give us the desired results. 

http://www.dfwivf.com/fsh-fertility-drug.html

This is what my new daily regime would be:
Friday 3/19:  Clomid
Saturday 3/20:  Clomid
Sunday 3/21:  Clomid & Gonal F Shot
Monday 3/22:  Clomid & Gonal F Shot
Tuesday 3/23:  Clomid & Gonal F Shot
Wednesday 3/24:  Gonal F Shot
Thursday 3/25:  Gonal F Shot
Friday:  Sonogram - If it looked like I was going to Ovulate, then I would take the Ovadrel shot that night and IUI 36 hours later.  If not, then I would take the Gonal F shot for 5 more days and then go back to see if I was going to ovulate.

It wasn't until Friday night that I was telling Josh about my new regime that he reminded me that we are going out of town on Thursday 3/25 through Sunday 3/28 to Washington DC, so I would miss my doctor's appointment; therefore, we decided to take March off.  We are going to only take Clomid this month and try on our own. 

I have been saying that I wanted/needed a break from all of this, so I was actually really happy about it.  Now we can go to DC and have fun, relax and enjoy our friends and everything the city has to offer, without worrying about shots, drugs, appointments, schedules, IUI, etc.  Phew!

This trip can't come at a better time either because last week we decided to put our house on the market while we build a house.  Since then we have been up to our eyeballs with home improvements, packing, painting, moving furniture, cleaning and organizing so we can get our house on the market before we leave town Thursday.  That just goes to show you...  There is NEVER a dull moment in the Heddy household!

No comments:

Post a Comment